Friday, November 7, 2008

Team Updates. Isles. Lakes. UConn.

Anyways, now that I've got that out. It's been a couple days since my last post and I'd like to keep this whole blog thing going, its actually pretty chill...even though i am probably just talking to myself... SO another disappointing night for my Isles... I was in class and they were up 3-1 going into the 3rd period.. I closed my computer with high hopes they could seal up 3 in a row. Yes ladies and gents, Isles were about to win 3 fucking games in a row. But no. Let's be real. For the 3rd time in 4 games the New York Islanders blew a 2+ goal lead in the 3rd period. Yeah they lost. 4-3. Are you kidding me? I mean you couldn't describe choking any better than that than if you defined it. Whatever at least the Lakers are winning... Did anyone catch clips of the game last night? I was watching it online and for the most part it was a very close game... Until the Clippers ran into the Lakers that decided to turn it on the in 4th Quarter... Like Damn... In the 4 Games the Lakers have played this season, they have won EVERY single 4th Quarter.. by a combined 32 points!! 8 Points a game. Basically... You better be up at least 10 points on the Lakers going into the 4th Quarter if you want to have a shot. Anyways... Lakers play the struggling Rockets at Home next. Rockets are coming off to 2 losses in as many nights. Look for them to come out firing on Sunday. I'm thinking this will be another close game... Going into the 4th quarter that is. My prediction is that Lakers will be down 74-70 going into the 4th and win the game 99-96. I'll be interested to see the spread on that game...

On another Note. UConn had their first scrimmage of the year on Wednesday night. Thaaaaabeet is looking better than ever. I've never seen him throw it down with such confidence!! That's saying something after watching him develop a lot last season. Hash had 21 points, 10 boards, 6 blocks and shot 9-9 from the field. Yeah, yeah I know.. against who? I don't care, this was great for his confidence and he played better than any other UConn player to touch the floor. Not far behind Thabeet was Gavin Edwards, a player who seems to always have been under the radar. In 15 minutes, Gavin had 15 points and 7 boards. It looks like Gavin is just confirming that he will be the first off the bench. Gavin will be key when Thabeet or Adrien get into foul trouble, also when they need a rest. I'm not sure how it's going to shape out when Okwandu or Majok starts playing, but personally I'd like to minimize the minutes of Mandeldove as much as we can. As far as the guards, UConn has depth. It looks like Calhoun will run a 3 guard offense for a little while, at least until Stanley comes back who can run the 3. Dyson, Price and Austrie started in the first preseason game, but we'll see what happens as the season progresses. Price will always start, its just a matter of how much Kemba and Donnell can prove in their minutes off the bench. Kemba looked great in his 22 minutes with 10 pts, 8 boards?, 4 dimes and 3 steals. It looks like he will be the one to first contest Austrie's starting spot. Donnell struggled to get into a groove, being thrown in the game for a couple minutes at a time, same with Haralson, the touted 3pt shooter was only 1-5 from the arc. These players will need to get used to their quick minutes off the bench and this will most likely be the case all season. In no way do I believe one exhibition game really shows much for these two, especially considering Donnell had a productive summer working out with Russell Westbrook and Haralson was playing in his first game ever as a Husky. I'm looking for them to each give about 10-15 minutes of great energy off the bench each game. UConn is playing its 2nd and final exhibition game this Sunday at XL in Hartford. I think I might be going, so that should be a good time. It's going to be a great season for UConn, I'm looking for Thabeet and Adrien to average almost double doubles each game. Also, if Adrien wants to prove to NBA recruits that his height is not an issue to play at the next level, he will need to start knocking down the mid-range jumper. He has worked on this shot on over the past couple seasons, so I'm looking forward to see how it has developed this year. Until next time. U-C-O-N-N UCONN UCONN UCONN!

No comments: